Office of International Students & Scholars (ISS)
104 Holcombe Hall
Fayetteville, AR 72701
In our commitment to provide effective and accessible programs and services to all our constituents, we ask that you inform our office at the time of registering for orientation if you will need special accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2015 Orientation Week: Mon, August 10 ~ Saturday, August 22
During orientation, you must attend one Immigration Basics mandatory session. Also, you will gain information regarding resources on- and off-campus, meet staff and other students who are here to assist you in your transition to the University of Arkansas. Please note that all international students are charged an orientation fee as part of their University of Arkansas enrollment for the first semester.
Fall 2015 Suggested Arrival Dates:
* Students who will live off-campus: Mon, Aug 10 ~ Thu, Aug 13, 2015
* Students who will live on-campus: Thu, Aug 13 ~ Sun, Aug 16, 2015
Fall 2015 Orientation Days:
- Fall 2015 International Graduate Student Orientation Schedule
- Fall 2015 International Undergraduate Student Orientation Schedule
Friday, August 14, 2015
Graduate School offers First Year Graduate Students Orientation on Wed, August
19, 2015. Please be aware that various orientation programs will be offered by
defferent academic departments as well during the week of Aug 17.
Undergraduate International Students Orientation Day:
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
What is Immigration Basics?
Immigration Basics is mandatory for all international students in F or J status. You are REQUIRED to attend an Immigration Basics Session. You will not be able to register for classes until you complete an immigration basics session. You should attend an immigration session as the first thing to do after your arrival.
- If you live off-campus, you need to attend one session between Mon, Aug 10 and Thu, Aug 13, 2015.
- If you live on-fampus, you need to attend one session on Mon, Aug 17, 2015.
- Registration for Immigration Basics is required (information will be available soon).
- Please bring your passport, visa, I-20 or DS-2019, I-94 (if you entered the U.S. before May 2013), and your admissions letter for the session.
- If you arrive late for a session, you will not be aditted to the session.
- After each Immigration Basics, you are required to go visit the Health Center to take the TB test. Please understand this is a requirement by the Arkansas State.
On-campus Living Information:
All single, freshmen (first year undergraduate students) under the age of 21 are required to live on-campus. If you will be a freshman student, you should begin a contract as soon as possible. You will have to sign a contract with University Housing in order to live on-campus. On-Campus Housing for students who are not freshmen is very limited and is assigned on a first come – first served basis. You can visit the University Housing website to see the on-campus housing options. Read the instruction carefully regarding the contract process.
Off-campus Living Information:
Please visit the Off-Campus Housing website to begin your search for an off-campus apartment. We ask that you review the resources available on the Off-Campus Connections website before signing a lease. Please also see the Guide to Living Off Campus by the Off Campus Connections Office.
Transportation from the Airport:
If you need transportation from the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA airport code), the best way is using Jim’s Shuttle. To use the Jim's Shuttle with the special rate for international students ($30), you must sign up online (the form will be available soon) 72 hours in advance of your arrivale. You are free to make other arrangements such as taking a private shuttle, taxi, or arranging for a friend to pick you up if you wish. You will need to have US dollars or a valid credit card to pay for transportation to campus.
Temporary housing will be available at the Candlewood Suites in Fayetteville near the university. We have negotiated a special rate for arrival housing students. Please check the Candlewood Hotel Information.
Videos about Fayetteville & Campus Community
Check out the latest video about the University of Arkansas! Excited yet... We look forward to seeing you at International Orientation!
Videos from Current International Students
International Student Organization | International Carnival
Student Life Video
Updated on January 29, 2015